RELAX IN A RUSTIC BUSH SETTING
Slow down and relax to the revitalising sounds of the
bush, wildlife, birds, pandanas leaves and gentle waves.
Kick back, relax and recharge your batteries in one of our ensuite cabins. With each ensuite cabin built by local hands, they have been specifically created with the environment in mind. Our ensuite cabins run on solar power with generator backup, and are supplied with local bore water to maintain a low impact on country. However, to maintain your comfort as well, our en suite cabins are fully air conditioned.
Ensuite cabins are highly recommended for larger families (sleeping 5), as well as those on a stricter budget who would like to maintain higher levels of privacy and comfort than traditional camping can provide. Bask out on the front veranda and keep an eye out for wildlife and birds while you cook up your fishing catch on the BBQ. The Bardi word for bird is garrabal and there are many to be seen flying around the ensuite cabins, such as the Boongginy (White-Bellied Sea-Eagle) the, Jingin (Wren), Jindibirr (Willie Wagtail) and the Goolyi (Great Bowerbird), to name just a few.
Located within seconds’ walk to the Eastern swimming beach, snorkelling reef and Dinka’s Cafe, our ensuite cabins are designed to give a no-fuss upgraded camping experience to those who prefer to maintain basic luxuries, such as an ensuite bathroom and private fridge.
Kooljaman. Where every guest is family, and you are always welcome home.
- Queen bed & 3 single beds. Trundle option available.
- All linen & towels provided
- Personal amenities
- Mosquito nets
- Gas BBQ with kettle
- Timber dining setting
- Spacious front veranda
- Private bathroom
- All cooking equipment, cutlery & crockery
- Air Conditioning
- Complimentary tea, coffee, milk, mosquito coils
- Located on the eastern side
- Close proximity to swimming beach and snorkelling reef
- No alcohol for sale at Kooljaman. BYO welcome.
- Strictly no pets
- 4WD access only
- Bore water is drinkable
- Bush Butler option available
- Restaurant bookings for dinner essential
- Check in 2pm. Check out 10am.
- Prices are based on twin share, charges apply for additional adults or children.
- 3 night stays are the most economical option.
- Prices vary according to seasons and events.