Camp Sites – No Power
Some Cliff Top Ocean Sunset Views
Experience the pristine Kimberley wilderness in the heart
of Bardi Jawi country.
At Kooljaman, some of our unpowered sites are on red pindan sand in the heart of Bardi Jawi country on the edge of our famous red cliffs; considered to be sacred by the local Aboriginal people. With uninterrupted sunset views, these campsites are prized.
Our campsite was specifically designed with the environment in mind, and as such there are a few restrictions in place to ensure that we maintain a low impact on country.
As we operate on solar power with generator backup and source our water from local bores, we are unable to cater for caravans or motorhomes as we have limited resources available. Our campsites are 4m x 6m and we require all camper trailers, camper vans and tents to be able to fit within these dimensions.
As we are situated in a wilderness area, pets are strictly not permitted on the property.
Our unpowered campsites share their own amenities block, as well as a well-maintained camp kitchen with gas stove cooking and BBQ cooking facilities for campers. There is also a coin laundry available and picnic pergolas. With limited sites available, some incredible views, excellent proximity to reception, the restaurant, sunset deck, historical boardwalk and western beach track, these campsites are in high demand and book out up to a year in advance. Early bookings are essential during peak season to avoid disappointment.
Kooljaman. Where every guest is family, and you are always welcome home.
- Some cliff top ocean views
- Shared amenities block
- Campground kitchen features fridge/freezer, gas stove cooking, BBQ cooking
- Picnic pergolas
- Coin laundry
- Close proximity to sunset beach, restaurant, sunset deck and historic boardwalk.
- No alcohol for sale at Kooljaman. BYO welcome.
- No Caravans, No Motor homes
- No Pets
- 1 vehicle per site
- 4WD access only
- Bore water is drinkable
- Bush Butler option available
- Restaurant bookings for dinner essential
- Check in 2pm. Check out 10am.
- Prices are based on twin share, charges apply for additional adults or children.
- 3 night stays are the most economical option.
- Prices vary according to seasons and events.